Re: accidentalStyle modern

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: accidentalStyle modern
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 22:29:40 -0500

On Fri 14 Oct 2016 at 06:32:11 (+0200), Pierre Perol-Schneider wrote:
> e.g. :
> http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Custom-accidental-styles-td190776.html

> > On 12.10.2016 18:49, address@hidden wrote:
> >>
> >> the following remark is written in the lilypond docu for accidentalStyle
> >> modern:
> >> "after temporary accidentals, cancellation marks are printed also in the
> >> following measure".
> >> Is it possible to change the number of following measures where
> >> cancellation marks are written to more than one?
> >>

> > I’m afraid there is no easy solution; you’d have to create a custom
> > accidental style, and even by that would be unusually difficult to achieve
> > what you want, IIRC. You should be able to find an example of custom
> > accidental style on the archives to this list.

Looking at, eg,
lilypond-2.19.44-1/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/music-functions.scm
I read:

"The @var{laziness} is the number of measures
for which reminder accidentals are used (i.e., if @var{laziness} is zero,
only cancel accidentals in the same measure; if @var{laziness} is three,
we cancel accidentals up to three measures after they first appear."

which seems to imply that setting laziness > 1 will do what the OP
wants and is all that's required.

I have no idea how one would do this nor where laziness gets its
default value from.

Cheers,
David.