Re: Phrasing slurs shortened when broken

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Phrasing slurs shortened when broken
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 07:10:41 +0200

Am 18. Oktober 2016 06:57:46 MESZ, schrieb Vaughan McAlley <address@hidden>:
>On 17 October 2016 at 13:00, Javier Ruiz-Alma <address@hidden>
>wrote:
>>
>> The concern with fixing the first segment via \shape is the
>correction would be useful when the slur is broken, but undesirable
>when not.  We typeset the same source with different paper sizes, so
>there's a real chance fix, or no fix, one of the versions will show an
>undesirable slur shape.  Forcing or preventing a system break is
>non-ideal either.

If you are dealing with a fixed set of alternative breaks you can use either
manual breaks wrapped in \tag or work with the page-layout package
(https://github.com/openlilylib/page-layout).

Having a function like \ifAtBreak would of course very useful, not only for
slurs. Maybe someone has already done such a thing?

Urs