Re: Trouble Combining Repeats and Closing Bars in tunes

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Trouble Combining Repeats and Closing Bars in tunes
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 07:56:47 +0200

Am 18.10.2016 um 05:24 schrieb Ben Beeson:
Hi,

I am looking at a 4 - part tune where the first and third parts are
repeated and the second and fourth parts are not repeated. Try as I
may, I cannot get Lilypond to put  the repeats and closing bars in
the right place when engraving the tune. The following is just about
as simple as I can get it and still show the issue.

If you use \repeat volta 2 { ... }
and then put a \bar "..." command afterwards, this bar command overrides
the repeat bar line – so in fact, the line is repeated internally for
lilypond, but you can't see it.

In this case, you'll have to define your own repeat bar line at the
beginning of your document:

and use it like this:

\repeat volta 2 { ... }

The way lilypond deals internally with repeats versus explicitly given
barlines is not optimal yet :-(

HTH,

Marc