Re: Dorico release and tutorials

From: Gilles
Subject: Re: Dorico release and tutorials
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 15:13:38 +0200

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 12:44:22 +0200, Urs Liska wrote:
Am 19.10.2016 um 12:41 schrieb David Kastrup:
Pierre Perol-Schneider <address@hidden> writes:

I just watched the vids. One thing I appreciate is the pages layout
possibilities.
It would be great if LP had something like:

\paper {
  %defaults settings:
  right-margin = 10
  left-margin = 10

  %specific page settings:
  \page #1 {
    right-margin = 20
    left-margin = 20
  }
    page.1.right-margin = 20
    page.1.left-margin = 20
}
I'm not saying that we currently have this, just that this would be one
possible interface.

Doesn't the page number depend on how the previous material
has been typeset?

That looks very nice.
On a related note (not knowing whether Dorico has this) it would also be great to be able to specify the global-staff-size for individual pages.
It's pretty common in larger orchestral scores that you have only a
small number of pages where you need the full orchestra and want to have
smaller staff size.

It seems to me that, rather than "specify the global-staff-size
for individual pages", it should be "from now on, magnify the
global-staff-size so that <n> systems fit the page".

Regards,
Gilles