Re: vertically aligning text/marks/tempo

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: vertically aligning text/marks/tempo
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 10:28:06 -0400

Hi Urs,

>> Maybe you can be the one to finally tackle this issue?  =)
> I don't have the slightest idea how that should be approached, sorry …

Okay… thanks anyway.

> Well, for this example I simply added white letters to the two markups,
> ehm ... (after I didn't immediately manage to automatically concat them
> through a function)

\combine works for me:

%%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.19"
\language "english"

strut = \markup \transparent { Tj }

#(define-markup-command (mstrut layout props mkp)
   (markup?)
     (interpret-markup layout props
     (markup #:combine mkp strut)))

\paper { ragged-right = ##f }

baselines = {
  \override TextScript.padding = #2.5
  c'4^\markup \mstrut "Du liebst mich nicht" c' c' c' c'1 \bar "||"
  e'16^\markup \mstrut "Der Zwerg" a' e' a' e' a' e' a' r2
  <e' a' c'>2^\markup \mstrut "An mein Herz" r
}

\score { \baselines }
%%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS

Which makes me think… maybe there’s a way to make a global callback so that all
markup is automatically mstrut-ted?
I would just have no idea how to do that…

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info