RE: Dorico release and tutorials

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: RE: Dorico release and tutorials
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 11:21:00 +1100

It's A$838 (US$647) over here in Australia, which is the usual rip-off extra
factor we have to pay for living in our fair country. It needs to be
understood that the cost of delivery of software downloads is much higher to
Australia as we are so far from Europe and America and the data packets have
to pass through many more routers and longer lengths of fibre optics. :-)

There's no trial download version, and no educational or other discount
pricing.

It's a lot of money for a program you can't see or touch on your own
computer.

Obviously there is a need to recoup development costs, but it would be nice
if they could be a bit more generous. Or even offer a subscription service.
I know many people don't like subscription software, but it often makes
things actually affordable in practice.

Andrew