Re: Long compile times on Windows 10 status

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Long compile times on Windows 10 status
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 11:44:40 +0200

> Hi Steven,
>

> With 2.19.48 your suggestion did not work for me. With 2.19.49, it does.
>

> Since this is going to hit everybody, presumably, should it be documented in
> the manual somewhere folks?
>

> Can the Windows installer do something like this?
>

> I’m new to Windows, having previously led a trouble free life with Linux.
>

> Andrew

In the german forum Manuela reports same problems.

Basically she found:

\paper {
#(define fonts
     (set-global-fonts
      #:music "gonville"  ; (the main notation font)
      #:roman "Traditional Arabic" ; (the main/serif text font)
      )
}

causing the slow down for windows even with 2.19.42.

If you understand german:
http://www.lilypondforum.de/index.php?topic=2397.msg13521#msg13521

Being on LINUX I obviously can't check, though I thought I share it
here, probably it helps...

Cheers,
  Harm