Re: separating notes and fingerings

From: Martin Neubauer
Subject: Re: separating notes and fingerings
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 13:54:02 +0200

I did something like this recently:

\relative c''{
        <>\flageolet a4 <>^\markup { \finger "↓2" } c etc...
}

(with the markups getting tags for the different renderings.)

What I wanted was to create differently marked parts for a single
instrument though, so this might get a bit unwieldy for your use case.
But it might be a start.

You might also have a look at the edition engraver from openlilylib. I
haven't tried it myself yet (but surely will), but it might be the right
tool for your task.

Best wishes,
Martin