Re: Zapateado in Lilypond

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Zapateado in Lilypond
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 19:52:18 +0200

I am trying to use Lilypond to notate Zapateado (footwork in flamenco). In the system I use, left foot is marked by a stem going down, while right foot has no downward stem. Notes have meanings like: f: flat tap, a: strait tap, c: heel tap, e: toe tap.  Besides there are two ways of using the heel: With the front foot on the flour and with the foot clear of the flour. The first case is marked with a dot in the a-position in the staff. I have included three small examples. Do any body have a clue if it is polible write these markings in Lilypond?

Here are some (incomplete) ideas you can use and adapt.

upprA={ \tuplet 3/2{ a8 e c }
      \tuplet 3/2{ a e c }
      \tuplet 3/2{ a e c }
      \tuplet 3/2{ a e c }
}

lowrA={ \tuplet 3/2{ s8 e s }
      \tuplet 3/2{ a s c }
      \tuplet 3/2{ s e s }
      \tuplet 3/2{ a s c } }

\score{
  {  \clef bass << \upprA \\ \lowrA >> }
}

upprB={ c8 c c c <<c4 c>> <<c c>> }
lowrB={ s8 c s c s4 s }

\score{
  {  \clef bass << \upprB \\ \lowrB >> }
}

upprC={ f8 c c c c c e c e c e c }
lowrC={ s8 s s c s c s c s c s c }

\score{
  {  \clef bass << \upprC \\ \lowrC >> }
}

doo={ \override NoteHead.stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
      \override NoteHead.text = #(markup #:musicglyph "dots.dot")
      \omit Flag
      \omit Stem

\score{
  { \doo }