Re: Tie settings question

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Tie settings question
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 01:01:47 +0200

> Hi, I'd like my ties to have different settings when being a part of
> TieColumn. For example:
>
> By default Tie.details.skyline-padding is set to 0.05, which is a good value.
> Now, for ties that are part of TieColumn (when connecting chords) I'd like to
> use different value of skyline-padding, let's say 5.
>
> Of course I could use \once \override Tie.deatils.skyline-padding = #5 before
> each Tie Column, but I have a feeling that there should be a simpler way.
> Maybe there is a scheme trick to automate this. If there is, give me a hint,
> please.
>
> Best
> Karol

Colors are always nice as an indicator ...

hint =
  \override TieColumn.before-line-breaking =
    #(lambda (grob)
      (for-each
        (lambda (clr tie)
          (ly:grob-set-nested-property! tie '(details skyline-padding) 5)
          (ly:grob-set-property! tie 'color clr))
        (circular-list red green)
          (ly:grob-array->list (ly:grob-object grob 'ties))))

\relative c' {
    \hint
    <c e g c e>4~
    <c e g c e>