Re: dynamic marks on multiple lines between piano staves

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: dynamic marks on multiple lines between piano staves
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 09:44:35 +0100

On Fri, 2016-10-21 at 10:28 +0200, Sirius Barras wrote:
> > What is the partial solution you found so far (would be very helpful
> > know)?
>

> Difficult to answer, found many things:)
>

> When I have not been able to solve my problem with what I thought it
> was the correct (but ugly)...
>

>   \mark \markup  \column {"1.\dynamic p" "2.\dynamic f"}
>
>   bes'2.-3 bes'4-4
>

> I tried everything I found online, mixing \mark \markup  \tweak etc. I
> know it's not the best way to work but sometimes you hope in
> miracles :)

There *is* a lot to learn, as I am still finding. IIUC the \mark here
means "put this just once at the top of the system", so you don't want
that. The "" mean don't interpret things like \dynamic as meaning
anything special, so you don't want that. You need \line though ...

In the latest builds (from last night) Denemo gives you a markup editor
with preview - you can tinker around with markup and see how it will
typeset in the pane above. I'll be starting a new release with this
feature in shortly.

Richard