Re: No readline in scheme-sandbox

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: No readline in scheme-sandbox
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 18:56:45 +0200

Mark Knoop <address@hidden> writes:

>                              ^^^^^^

>                                              ^^
>
>>Yes.  The output from 'aptitude search guile-1.8-libs' is:
>>
>>i A guile-1.8-libs
>>p   guile-1.8-libs:i386
>                     ^^^^
>
> This may be your problem. Try installing the 64-bit libs.

sudo apt-get install guile-1.8-libs:amd64

But then he stated that the commandline Guile (which would definitely
use the system libs) had a working readline.  Maybe it's also 32bit?
Otherwise I'd be somewhat puzzled since for me (Ubuntu Yakkety)
Guile-1.8 is one of the few things that has no multilib support and
insists on only one architecture being installed.

For the record, I get

p   guile-1.8-libs
     - Core Guile libraries

i   guile-1.8-libs:amd64