Re: Hairpin and simultaneous expressions

From: Gerdau, Michael
Subject: Re: Hairpin and simultaneous expressions
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 17:34:08 +0200 (CEST)

> \version "2.19.46"
>
> \language "english"
>
> %%Vn2 bars 276-279
> \relative e' {
>   \time 3/2 <e' c>1.\p\< ~ | q ~ | q | <c g> |
> %%Vn2 bars 280-283
>   << { \stemUp d2(\mp bf1 ~ | bf1. ~ | bf ~ | bf1)} \\ {f1. ~ | f ~ | f
> ~ | f1 } >> r2 |
> }
>
> The above extract from one of my files compiles to give the result I
> want, except that it produces an "unterminated crescendo" warning;

That's exactly what it is and also the cause of the missing hairpin.
You start the hairpin in one voice and the mp appears in another. So it
does not terminate it.

> What is the simplest way to achieve what I want?

Make sure you properly terminate the hairpin.
Either by using explicit voices and making sure your hairpin and the mp are
in the same voice or by using a dedicated dynamics voice.
(in a hurry, therefor no working example, sry)

Kind regards,
Michael
--
Michael Gerdau       email: address@hidden