Re: Augmentation dot positioning

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Augmentation dot positioning
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 14:35:36 +0000

On 9/19/16 7:50 AM, "Carl Sorensen" <address@hidden> wrote:

>I agree with all of these points, and am working on an improved algorithm.
>
>Once I get the algorithm solidified, I know how to implement it.
>
>But I haven't got the algorithm solidified yet.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Carl

OK, I have now made a change (not yet submitted for review) to move the
dot-positioning algorithms into Scheme.

And I have implemented a new default algorithm, which tries to do what
Chris and Werner liked, rather than strictly implementing the Gould
algorithm.

I am also working on a Gould algorithm that is user-selectable.

At any rate, I have some results from Chris's test file.  I have adjusted
the text to contain my assessment of the results.  Please let me know if
you disagree with any of my assessments.

chord-dots-limit = 1 is better in most circumstances.  It is also
consistent with Powell.

chord-dots-limit = 2 is better in a few circumstances.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Carl