Re: Tie settings question

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Tie settings question
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 19:12:36 -0500

On Wed 26 Oct 2016 at 23:14:20 (+0200), Michael Gerdau wrote:
> > please excuse this sidenote: It seems that your mailing client doesn’t
> > handle metadata correctly, so each reply of yours is technically
> > regarded as starting a new thread. It would be good if you could find a
> > way (or can someone help) to fix this. Not only may others have thread
> > view enabled in Thunderbird like I, but more importantly the archives
> > get messed up.
>
> FWIW for KMail this is simply not true.

Well, it would be interesting to see some of the metadata that you get
and we don't. I simply haven't seen any "In-Reply-To" or "References"
lines in Karol's postings.

> I see the whole thread as
> a single thread as it should be. Can't speak for Thunderbird but
> for KMail there is nothing wrong.

So you're probably threading your emails using the Subject line.
Unfortunately this flawed technique groups unrelated messages together
merely because they have similar subjects, sometimes with ones as
short as "Re:".

Cheers,
David.