Re: Any thoughts on how to automatically avoid rest collisions in polyph

From: David Bellows
Subject: Re: Any thoughts on how to automatically avoid rest collisions in polyphonic music?
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 17:36:53 -0700

Urs,

> I think you're missing something: the double backslash construct that David
> uses already creates the voices as \voiceOne \voiceTwo etc. implicitly. So if
> that isn't good enough engraving-wise then setting it manually should not
> make any difference

Thanks for that. I had become really worried that I was
misunderstanding a basic point about Lilypond and was about to spend
probably another 5 or 6 hours hacking away to try out the changes. Of
course I'm sure I'm misunderstanding plenty about Lilypond as it is
but other than these collisions things look pretty good.

Dave