Re: Changing voice order...

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Changing voice order...
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 01:59:01 +0200

> If " Generally users don't know the proper order of voice arranging
> commands" would that not be the fault of those who do not read the manual?

I disagree.

The problem is not so much in reading the manual and doing it right
but in remembering things after not having used them for some time.

Like many others I'm good at remembering things when I see the
underlying structure/pattern and the more convoluted such patterns
are, the more likely I am to misremember things.

Automatic voice numbering IMO clearly is one of these easily
misremembered things.

Therefor I almost never use it because I can't get it working as I
expect it without reading it up in the manual. However explicit voices
I can use correctly w/o having to read it up regularly.

In that very aspect I agree with David that the current implementation
is broken and should be fixed.

Of course that's just my opinion and I'm happy to continue using
explicit voices if the implicit version remains unchanged.

Kind regards,
Michael
--
 Michael Gerdau       email: address@hidden