Re: Question for a FLOSS licensing session

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Question for a FLOSS licensing session
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 09:48:39 +0100

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> When entering a new snippet first thing you read is:
>
> "Important: By entering your snippet, you are placing it in the public
> domain. This includes also snippets taken from the Lilypond manual
> (the manual authors grant you their permission to do so)."

Is that a special permission for the LSR or does it hold for everything
from the manual?  I don't like special permissions.

In the Notation Reference I can only find the GFDL in an appendix
without qualification and even without a statement which software it
applies to.  Maybe I've not looked thoroughly enough.

--
David Kastrup