Re: Shape note font failures

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Shape note font failures
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 14:19:04 -0500

On Mon 31 Oct 2016 at 11:18:39 (+0000), Jim Duke wrote:
> I had already tried rendering it in the best form I could, and I first saw
> the problem when working with the songs in printed form.  I also had zoomed
> in on the notes in the PDF Viewer (I'm using the latest Acrobat Reader from
> Adobe) and the errant notes were wrong at all zoom levels.
>
> Since Harm didn't have a problem, I thought that perhaps he was using a
> different version of Lilypond than I was.  I was running 2.18.2; and I
> suspect that Harm was running close to the latest version so I tested that.
> 2.19.49 worked fine.  I don't know enough about the system to diagnose why.

(I removed   \override NoteHead.   from the source you provided.)
This problem exists in Debian jessie's 2.18.2 version for 19-21.
It's in neither 2.18.2 nor 2.19.44 from lilypond.org, nor in Debian
wheezy's 2.14.2. It looks as if the wrong glyph is in the font.

This is reminiscent of Debian squeeze's problem (2.12.3) with G-clefs
at sizes around 18/19. They would be printed with the top loop filled in
and something sticking out the side.

Cheers,
David.