Re: Slur too long

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Slur too long
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 12:18:31 +0100

On 01.11.2016 00:30, Andrew Bernard wrote:

Hi Ilja,

Like Harm, I do not think the slur is too long in this case. That is right that it extends past the stem and over the flag.

There is a very powerful slur shape function called \shapeII in the openlilylib project. You may want to look into this. It gives an easy way to attain a high degree of control over the shape of slurs and phrasing slurs, and is easier to use than the baseline \shape. It’s indispensable – I use it continuously in my scores.

I have made several attempts to use it, and each time using the (head x y) version screws up the whole vertical spacing, certainly linked to the bugs listed in the openlilylib issue tracker. Which makes me curious – don’t you ever encounter these?

Best, Simon