Re: Changing voice order...

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Changing voice order...
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 16:52:19 -0400

Hi all,

A fascinating thread, for a number of reasons…

Regardless of how the individual functions are ultimately named, might I
recommend we add a *lot* of syntactic sugar? I have custom functions called
“splitX” (workhorses in my code), which remove the need for me to remember how
to code such things:

   [pseudocode:]
   \splitUD { topmusic \with UP } { bottommusic \with DOWN }
   \splitUUD { topmusic \with UP } { middlemusic \with UP } { bottommusic \with
DOWN }
   \splitUDD { topmusic \with UP } { middlemusic \with DOWN } { bottommusic
\with DOWN }
   etc.

One the rest of the syntax settles, it might be nice to have two-, three-,
four-, five-, and maybe more-voice versions of these functions in the standard
distro, so that people don’t have to use << \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ >> and so
forth.

Just a thought,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer