Re: Augmentation dots regtests

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Augmentation dots regtests
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2016 07:37:04 +0100 (CET)

> 1) The kievan dot for a notehead on a line moved to a space, when it
>    should have stayed on a line.
>
> 2) When notes are displayed without a staff, the dot should stay on
>    the same level as the notehead, but it shifts up a half space.
>
> I'd welcome a critical review of the regtests to see if there are
> any situations (other than those mentioned above) that you believe
> are worse or wrong.

Looking at `dot-column-vertical-positioning', I think the f-dot is
wrongly positioned (but the rest dot is OK).

I can imagine that the old solution of chord 7 in
`dot-column-engraver' is better than the new behaviour (but still not
optimal – the right solution, of course, would to position the dot for
the first note before the head of the second note).

The last chord in `collision-mesh' is as bad as before, just
differently :-)

    Werner