Re: Augmentation dots regtests

From: Chris Yate
Subject: Re: Augmentation dots regtests
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 07:38:37 +0000

On 2 Nov 2016 06:37, "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > 1) The kievan dot for a notehead on a line moved to a space, when it
> >    should have stayed on a line.
> >
> > 2) When notes are displayed without a staff, the dot should stay on
> >    the same level as the notehead, but it shifts up a half space.
> >
> > I'd welcome a critical review of the regtests to see if there are
> > any situations (other than those mentioned above) that you believe
> > are worse or wrong.
>
> Looking at `dot-column-vertical-positioning', I think the f-dot is
> wrongly positioned (but the rest dot is OK).
>
> I can imagine that the old solution of chord 7 in
> `dot-column-engraver' is better than the new behaviour (but still not
> optimal – the right solution, of course, would to position the dot for
> the first note before the head of the second note).
>
> The last chord in `collision-mesh' is as bad as before, just
> differently :-)
>

>     Werner

I agree with most of your points, other than that I think the dots in collision-mesh 4 were on the right spaces originally.

Does moving the dot-column-engraver to  voice sort out the confusing horizontal spacing in these situations? First time I've seen that and it does interesting things to the positioning of dots.

Chris