Re: Pitched trills

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Pitched trills
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 00:02:16 +0100

> Oh, this one I've seen! But it uses "trill spans" (\startTrillSpan and
> \stopTrillSpan).
> As I was saying in my original message, I'm trying to show the trilled note
> but I only want the indication "tr", not the extender line.
> I couldn't find anything in the docs but it should be possible, no?

The small, parenthesized note-head is put out by the TrillSpanner.

You can observe it applying displayMusic:

\displayMusic
\relative c''
{
  \pitchedTrill
  d2\startTrillSpan fis
  d\stopTrillSpan
}

Or look at this coding, giving the _TrillSpanner_ a pitch results in
printing the small note-head.

{
  \textLengthOn

  <>^"simple TrillSpanner"
  d''2\startTrillSpan d''\stopTrillSpan

  <>^"TrillSpanner with pitch"
  d''2-\withMusicProperty #'pitch ##{ fis'' #} \startTrillSpan
  d''\stopTrillSpan
}

So you need to override TrillSpanner, leading to:

\relative c''
{
  \override TrillSpanner.style = #'none
  \pitchedTrill