Re: Can't get page breaks for 7 over square root of 71 meter

From: Nathan Ho
Subject: Re: Can't get page breaks for 7 over square root of 71 meter
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 18:17:08 -0700

On 2016-11-03 17:36, mclaren wrote:
The problem comes from Lilypond's bizarre assumption that at some point all the barlines in the score will line up. In this case, clearly the barlines in the 7/sqr(71) staff will never line up with any of the other barlines in
the score. Therefore Lilypond can't ever break the page.

Hello mclaren,

LilyPond does not allow you to break in the middle of note events by default. The solution is to remove Forbid_line_break_engraver from the Voice context, as described in the docs here: http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/line-breaking

\layout {
  \context {
    \Voice
    \remove "Forbid_line_break_engraver"

I admit to posting this without making much effort to understand your code, so apologies if this is does not solve the problem.

I also agree with Urs' comment on your tone.

Nathan