Re: compound time signature with non duple denominator

From: Tobin Chodos
Subject: Re: compound time signature with non duple denominator
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 20:02:35 -0700

Hi all,

Thanks for all the helpful info.  A teacher of mine called them "interruplets" (interrupted tuplets).  I think the clearest solution for my purposes is just:
\compoundMeter #'((3 4) (1 12)).  David's suggestion of 13/8 is workable but leads to problems with the music in question.

I really enjoyed those Balkan dances!

Tobin