Re: need help

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: need help
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2016 10:22:04 +0100

Welcome Peter,

> 1. What application do you recommend - Frescobaldi or Denemo ?
> (at http://lilypond.org/easier-editing.html)

This is difficult, because there are of course advocates for both, in
particular the developers.
My personal recommendation is Frescobaldi.
In combination with the documentation it will help you a lot.
http://lilypond.org/manuals.html
I strongly recommend to read the part "Text input" and "Learning"
completely and test the things in Frescobaldi in parallel.

> 2. What version do you recommend I download for MAC OS 10.6.8 and 10.4.6 ?

I never had problems with the latest version called 'unstable':
http://lilypond.org/development.html

Cheers,
Joram