Re: Skyfonts

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Skyfonts
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 14:41:43 +0100

"Andrew Bernard" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> The Skyfonts plot clarifies. Indeed, thanks to you I have been able to
> discover that the Skyfonts downloads are located here in Windows 10:
>
> C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Monotype\skyfonts-myfonts
>
> and
>
> C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Monotype\skyfonts-google
>
> and so on - you can subscribe to multiple services.
>
> Since I have a Monotype subscription the name is in the path, but I
> think you can have SkyFonts from elsewhere, for Google fonts for
> example.
>
> Furthermore the folder holds a normal OpenType font file, not
> encrypted, no name mangling, perfectly able to be copied. I suppose
> one can say they are 'slightly hidden'.

Frankly, that sort of makes sense.  They don't want to sabotage your use
of the fonts, but at least the minimal use case does not lead to rented
fonts lying around permanently on your system (presumably they'll clean
up after the license runs out).

So basically it's your responsibility to heed the licensing conditions.

--
David Kastrup