Re: need help

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: need help
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2016 16:59:15 +0100

Il giorno lun 7 nov 2016 alle 20:00, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> ha scritto:

On 11/7/16 8:48 AM, "Urs Liska" <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 07.11.2016 um 15:35 schrieb David Sumbler:
 On Sun, 2016-11-06 at 11:28 +0100, Malte Meyn wrote:

 Am 06.11.2016 um 11:25 schrieb David Sumbler:

 How do I find out what changes have been made between (for
 instance)
 2.19.48 and 2.19.49?
 You could read the commit messages in the git log:
 http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lilypond.git/log/

Well, I could read them, and I have now done so. But most of it makes
 little sense to me!

Which is perfectly understandable, but unfortunately it's the only way
to find what you're looking for (IISC). The Changes document always
refers to the latest stable version.

Maybe it would be a good thing to have the Changes document either
structured by unstable release (so one immediately can access the
"release notes" for, say, 2.19.45) or each item tagged by its release
number? This would probably need some organization overhead but might be
useful for users?

One could also search the issues database for Fixed tags.

Better idea, as this list takes off translation stuff and minor changes.

David, this is an example:
https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/search/?q=labels:%22Fixed_2_19_49%22