RE: Problem with Fonts too big

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: RE: Problem with Fonts too big
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 19:02:08 +1100

Hi Michael,

As a very long-time Linux, I have used pretty much all the major distro's. I
had a go with Arch for a while because I like their build it yourself
philosophy. But eventually I found, along with very many others, that
updates get out of hand and things start to fall apart and become very hard
to correct. Sounds like the font machinery on Arch has destabilised, at
least in the context of lilypond. Are you able, as a matter of
troubleshooting, to try on a different Linux distro?

Perhaps look into the change history for fontconfig on Arch. Possibly revert
to an earlier fontconfig?

Your MWE compiles fine under 2.19.50 on Linux Mint KDE.

Andrew