alternative notehead style breaks cross-staff stem

From: Urs Liska
Subject: alternative notehead style breaks cross-staff stem
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 15:45:00 +0100

Hi all,

I'm trying to build something like similar to an automated harmonic
display on two staves, and it seems that alternative note head styles
break the cross staff stems:

Is this known (at least not said in the NR)? Is there a way around this
issue? Note that the example code isn't necessarily the ideal approach
but a first attempt. What I eventually need is a way for a music
function to produce such a "chord" distributed on two staves, connected
by a cross-staff stem and either note head configurable in appearance.

TIA for any hints or pointers
Urs

\version "2.19.51"

\layout {