Re: alternative notehead style breaks cross-staff stem

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: alternative notehead style breaks cross-staff stem
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 16:15:31 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Urs Liska" <address@hidden>
To: "lilypond-user" <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2016 2:45 PM

Hi all,

I'm trying to build something like similar to an automated harmonic
display on two staves, and it seems that alternative note head styles
break the cross staff stems:

Is this known (at least not said in the NR)? Is there a way around this
issue? Note that the example code isn't necessarily the ideal approach
but a first attempt. What I eventually need is a way for a music
function to produce such a "chord" distributed on two staves, connected
by a cross-staff stem and either note head configurable in appearance.

TIA for any hints or pointers
Urs

Fairly certain that the cross-staff stem engraver is in scm/music-functions.scm. Look for "cross-staff-connect". I don't know scheme and so can't see what the code does, but you may be able to see what's going on.

--
Phil Holmes