Re: Ties break the ability to add lyrics

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Ties break the ability to add lyrics
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 13:34:42 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mojca Miklavec" <address@hidden>
To: "lilypond-user" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2016 12:31 PM
Subject: Ties break the ability to add lyrics

Hi,

While trying to add slightly more complex fingerings (button label +
finger number) on top of some scores, I'm facing a problem with ties
on the following structure:

 << {f'2~} {s8 d'4.~} {s4 b4~} {s4. g8} >>
 <f b d' f'>4. <f f'>8 |

(This is some "simplification" that would look ugly if I would tie
five chords together; it should be clear enough for the player, so I
would like to leave this visual output.)

I'm misusing lyrics to add fingerings because that was the only way I
found so far that gives me satisfactory output (with horrible and very
error-prone input).

\set melismaBusyProperties = #'() will make each lyric syllable align on a note whether it's tied, slurred or beamed.

--
Phil Holmes