Re: repeat with different dynamic - midi output

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: repeat with different dynamic - midi output
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 14:55:07 +0100

On 14 November 2016 at 12:03, Bernhard Kleine <address@hidden> wrote:
Am 14.11.2016 um 11:16 schrieb Gianmaria Lari:
I have something like this:

frag = { \repeat volta 2 {c'^\markup {p (2nd time: f)} d' e' f'}}

\score {\frag \layout{}}

\score {\unfoldRepeats \frag \midi{}}

As you can see I mentioned in the markup that the first time the score should be played piano and the second forte. Is there any way to write is as a true dynamic and make lilypond generate a corresponding midi?

Thank you, g.

Use alternatives.
Bernhard
Uhm... an empty volta with only alternatives? This is the only thing I have been able to do but it is far from what I need...

frag = {a4 b c' d'}
\score
{
  \repeat volta 2 {} \alternative {{\frag} {\frag}}