Re: highlight music / fingering

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: highlight music / fingering
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 17:54:51 +0100

Am 15.11.2016 um 17:49 schrieb Klaus Blum:
> Hi Gianmaria,
>
> I use highlighting a lot, and I prefer coloring things.
> If you search the LSR for the term "colored", you'll find lots of useful
> things for that purpose:
> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Search?q=colored&s=0&m=10
>
> Cheers,
> Klaus

One thing to consider is whether this is intended for reading *while
playing* (which I assume) or as a means of studying/discussing the
piece. When you explicitly target the kids while performing you should
try to avoid *adding* items to the score as they might actually be
distracting. So a circle or box should be *OK* while the balloon text I
mentioned would definitely be inadequatly distracting.

For that purpose colouring or other direct formatting (for example the
chord symbols could be printed in bold italilcs) are probably the way to
go. Personally I think colours are ideal because they provide something
like an independent dimension, but of course that requires colour
printing as well.

Urs