Re: Solution to 7 over sqr(71) time against integer polyrhythms

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Solution to 7 over sqr(71) time against integer polyrhythms
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 09:15:02 -0500

Hi David,

> Stop right here.  We don't expect people to be born with such skills

I didn’t say I expected him to be born with the skill, did I?

> so the question rather is whether the possibilities are reasonable
> discoverable in the manual.

And they are, at least to the point of the statement I refuted with my example:
everything in my example is reasonably discoverable in the manual.

(mclaren's other scores may or may not be counterexamples and/or real bugs —
but given his behaviour on the list, I’m certainly not going to waste my time
trying to find out.)

> I think that polyrhythms are suitable indexed
> to find them if you are seriously looking.

Yes.

Now I’m done with this thread, so I’m going to go engrave another one of my
polyrhythmic scores with Lilypond, which has no problem doing so.

Best regards,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info