Re: Incorrect note alignment

From: Brian Barker
Subject: Re: Incorrect note alignment
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 18:42:21 +0000

At 19:23 16/11/2016 +0100, Joram Noeck wrote:
Still, I would not over-interpret Behind Bars. If Gould states it explicitly: ok, but the examples are also done with some program, I guess. In case there is a detail she does not care enough, there can be cases where she accepts the program's default output without saying that other solutions are necessarily bad or wrong.

I replied earlier - but, as so often, my message was not posted by the list. I think David Sumbler is misreading Gould. As I see it, the illustration he mentions on page 10 is intended just to show that the semibreve is slightly wider horizontally than a black notehead - the point Gould has just made in the text. Her actual examples (there is one at the bottom of page 36) seems to show the left-alignment that he criticises.

Brian Barker