Re: Override SystemStartSquare width?

From: Nathan Ho
Subject: Re: Override SystemStartSquare width?
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 21:49:08 -0800

On 2016-11-16 16:16, dtsmarin wrote:
Hello,

How can I extend the square bracket to fill the gap? (see attached image)
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n196731/uglysquare.png>

Hi Dmitris,

Bad news. Looks like SystemStartSquare is hardcoded at 0.8 staff spaces (source: System_start_delimiter::line_bracket in system-start-delimiter.cc). It's possible to fix, but it will probably require Scheming.

However, my attempt at reproducing looks different from your screenshot:

\new StaffGroup \with {
  systemStartDelimiter = #'SystemStartBracket
} <<
  \new StaffGroup \with {
    systemStartDelimiter = #'SystemStartSquare
  } <<
    \new StaffGroup \with {
      systemStartDelimiter = #'SystemStartSquare
    } <<
      \new Staff { c'4 }
      \new Staff { c'4 }

    \new Staff { c'4 }

  \new Staff { c'4 }

Apparently something in your code has squashed the delimiters together. Was that intentional? It would be helpful to see a minimal working example showing how to reproduce the screenshot.

Nathan