Re: Override SystemStartSquare width?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Override SystemStartSquare width?
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 07:49:44 +0100

> On 2016-11-16 16:16, dtsmarin wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> How can I extend the square bracket to fill the gap? (see attached image)
>> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n196731/uglysquare.png>
>

> Hi Dmitris,
>
> Bad news. Looks like SystemStartSquare is hardcoded at 0.8 staff spaces
> (source: System_start_delimiter::line_bracket in system-start-delimiter.cc).
> It's possible to fix, but it will probably require Scheming.
>
> However, my attempt at reproducing looks different from your screenshot:
>
> \new StaffGroup \with {
>   systemStartDelimiter = #'SystemStartBracket
> } <<
>   \new StaffGroup \with {
>     systemStartDelimiter = #'SystemStartSquare
>   } <<
>     \new StaffGroup \with {
>       systemStartDelimiter = #'SystemStartSquare
>     } <<
>       \new Staff { c'4 }
>       \new Staff { c'4 }
>     >>
>     \new Staff { c'4 }
>   >>
>   \new Staff { c'4 }
>>>

> Apparently something in your code has squashed the delimiters together. Was
> that intentional? It would be helpful to see a minimal working example
> showing how to reproduce the screenshot.
>

> Nathan

Hi Dmitris,

it's not clear to me what you want to achieve. I'd like to see the code as well.

It's possible to move the SystemStartSquare, with

\new StaffGroup \with {
  systemStartDelimiter = #'SystemStartBracket
} <<
  \new StaffGroup \with {
    systemStartDelimiter = #'SystemStartSquare
  } <<
    \new StaffGroup \with {
      %% next two commands for better visibility only
      \override SystemStartSquare.color = #red
      \override SystemStartSquare.layer = 2000
      \override SystemStartSquare.padding = -1.2
      systemStartDelimiter = #'SystemStartSquare
    } <<
      \new Staff { c'4 }
      \new Staff { c'4 }

    \new Staff { c'4 }

  \new Staff { c'4 }

I guess you did this already.
Do you want the SystemStartSquare to have a different length of the wings?

Cheer,
  Harm