Re: Hiding the staff generates weird straight line

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Hiding the staff generates weird straight line
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 08:55:41 +0100

Hi Krzysztof,
\once\omit Staff.BarLine \startStaff
%% or even:
\bar "" \startStaff
should solve your problem.
But I don' t see anything wrong here. \stopStaff does not remove a full system. Maybe you are looking for:
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=307

HTH,
Pierre

PS. Please add the version you use when sending a snippet.

Hey, I tried for some time now to make my score as I want it, but I'm out of ideas. Issue: http://i.imgur.com/xXJ73J3.png - you can see the straight line at the end of the first system and the next one is properly showing my extra staff. However, this straight line seems to act as if there was invisible extra staff in the first system, affecting the layout (there is a bigger visual gap), code I used for extra staff:

\paper {
system-system-spacing = #'(( basic-distance . 18))
}

extra = \relative c {
 \override Staff.TimeSignature.transparent = ##t
  \override Staff.KeySignature.transparent = ##t
  \override Staff.Clef.transparent =  ##t % to make it disappear, because up until now it's not needed

  \stopStaff
  \key c\minor
  \clef bass

  s1*12 s1 |
   \override Staff.TimeSignature.transparent = ##f
  \override Staff.KeySignature.transparent = ##f
  \override Staff.Clef.transparent =  ##f
  \startStaff

  s1

%then the music follows

Tried it now differently by using page-count = #3 instead of system-system spacing, but still: http://i.imgur.com/qzgeQD7.png

Layout isn't affected much, but this straight line is still there. Those three staffs are within PianoStaff, if that helps.

Any tips appreciated, thank you.

Pozdrawiam,
Krzysztof Gutowski