Re: Create a bookpart with a scheme function

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Create a bookpart with a scheme function
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 16:38:05 +0100

Am 17. November 2016 16:24:04 MEZ, schrieb Freddy Ouellette <address@hidden>:
>I am transcribing music from the 1500s. I would like to include the
>original facsimile in my arrangement as EPS files that take up entire
>pages. These EPS files are dispersed between the pieces. I have to
>create
>separate bookparts for them because I need to have \paper blocks - I
>don't
>want my normal footer on these pages. Is there a way I can create a
>dynamic
>bookpart that does all of my formatting for me, but simply has a
>different
>EPS file per part? This is what I want:
>
>\book {
>  \bookpart {
>    \score {
>      % arranged music...
>    }
>  }
>
>  \facsimile_page #140 #"eps_file.eps"}
>
>and this function will insert this bookpart :
>
>\bookpart {
>  \markup \null
>  \header {}
>  \paper {
>    bookTitleMarkup = ##f
>
>    evenHeaderMarkup = \markup \fill-line { \epsfile #X #130
>#"***eps_file.eps***" }
>    oddHeaderMarkup = \markup \fill-line { \epsfile #X #130
>#"***eps_file.eps***" }
>    evenFooterMarkup = \markup {
>      \fill-line {
>       \column { \vspace #-63 \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string }
>        \null
>        \null
>      }
>    }
>    oddFooterMarkup = \markup {
>      \fill-line {
>        \null
>        \null
>       \column { \vspace #-63 \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string }
>      }
>    }
>  }}
>
>Is it possible to use Scheme/Guile to create this bookpart each time I
>call
>the function? Any time I try to create a function like this, the page
>just
>doesn't show up at all.

This is definitely possible.

I'm not sure this will help you but if you can get hold of the content at
https://git.openlilylib.org/bfsc/kayser (presumably from the 'karlsruhe'
branch) and look into the /includes directory you might find something.

I'm only at the mobile phone right now so I can't look into it more closely.

HTH
Urs