Re: Solution to 7 over sqr(71) time against integer polyrhythms

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Solution to 7 over sqr(71) time against integer polyrhythms
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 00:14:23 +0100

Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> writes:

> On 17.11.2016 05:09, mclaren wrote:
>> "You do realize, don't you, that if you had just asked for help creating
>> that music, Kieren would have helped you and taught you some of his coding
>> skills (and he IS really good, BTW). "
>>
>> Not likely. What I realize is that Kieren is good with photoshop.
>
> Here’s the point where I instantly feel compelled to say “ok, now
> let’s really ban him from the list”. You are calling Kieren, honorable
> member of the community and one of the most proficient LilyPond users
> there are, an outright liar.

I don't think Kieren stated explicitly that no image editing was
involved.  So it's more like calling Kieren disingenuous.  And frankly
I'd have a problem assigning levels of honority to list members.

Putting the fancy talk aside, mclaren is making a spectacle of himself
in an ugly manner.  I rather doubt that is conducive for increasing the
amount of help available to him.

> That’s outrageous. Begone.

That's one possible reaction.

--