Re: Solution to 7 over sqr(71) time against integer polyrhythms

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Solution to 7 over sqr(71) time against integer polyrhythms
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 10:37:24 +0100

"Mark Stephen Mrotek" <address@hidden> writes:

> To the Unknown Critic,
>
> Lilypond amazes me in many different and varied ways. I shall focus on only
> one.
> It was written for FREE.
> It is developed for FREE.
> It is provided for FREE.
> It is supported for FREE.
> It is documented for FREE.
> If what is FREE is inadequate then be FREE to write one that is or purchase
> one that is.

Well, mostly.  I still have to point out that I've been living
substantially of the money of LilyPond users and quite significantly
other developers for the past years.

Which means that for quite a few developers that they did not just do
their development without recompensation but actually paid for
supporting an environment where they were able to work more efficiently
for free.

So it is hard to overlook that people are invested into LilyPond and
passionate about it.  Which actually might make trash-talking
shortcomings of it a viable strategy for getting it fixed.

I just think that mclaren hasn't yet quite found the sweet point of
making people eager to work on removing obstacles that are particularly
problematic for him.

--
David Kastrup