Re: Stepping down and moving on

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Stepping down and moving on
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 11:24:28 -0700 (MST)

Simon Albrecht-2 wrote
> On 18.11.2016 18:47, SoundsFromSound wrote:
>> Will someone be brought on to "replace" your primary role specifically,
>> or
>> will your role default and merge onto the existing members who have
>> already
>> been active on the development team alongside you for the past years?
>> Just
>> curious what this transition means for the future releases of LilyPond
>> and
>> such.
>
> Administration of testing and releases has never been David’s job,
> that’s the invaluable (! :-) ) merit of James and Phil, mainly. In fact,
> David’s position was never formally specified and thus won’t be
> refilled. (Which is obviously not to diminish his merits as a kind of
> spiritus rector.)
>
> Best, Simon

Hi Simon,

I know that, yes, but I was just meaning to ask about the coding work etc
that David has done a lot of over the years.

I don't know all the programming jargon and delegation of roles, please
forgive me - but I always got the impression that David did a lot of the
everyday coding and bug fixing and adding new features, stuff like that.

Sorry if I mixed that up!

-----
composer | sound designer
LilyPond Tutorials (for beginners) --> http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond