Re: Stepping down and moving on

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Stepping down and moving on
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 01:14:44 +0100

> Francisco Vila <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> David: I don't know what to say. I am very grateful to you for your
>> huge, unvaluable work and I wish you luck.
>
> In spite of the respectively English and Latin prefixes having the same
> formal meaning, the meaning of the resulting composites "unvaluable" and
> "invaluable" is surprisingly different.  I will assume that you were
> intending the latter.  Programmer bashing is rarely seen on this list,
> recent exceptions notwithstanding.

:-) Sorry for my sh**ty English.

>> Will you be available for punctual, emergency calls for help?
>
> Punctual?  No.  A full-time job does not allow me timely responses.  It...

Another false friend. I didn't mean Punctual as in 'fast delivery' but
rather tiny and sporadic. "Pointed" maybe?

What I wanted to say is "Thanks", "good luck", and "you will be
missed" both by people and the project.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com