Re: Yet another out of page issue

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Yet another out of page issue
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 23:10:49 +0100

> I had this problem before, where music just went out of the page. It turned
> out that some of the bar checks failed. But here it shouldn't be the case,
> as I'm using bar checks and the place where it breaks is under cadenza
> anyway. For the sake of simplicity I skipped the beginning. It supposed to
> be like this: trumpet starts solo - in time; piano starts its cadenza
> together with last note of trumpet solo. The cadenza is written on 2
> systems, then on the 3rd system piano reverts back to metric music. Both
> this example and my full score, where I just make bunch of multi rests and
> hide the bars, seems to be broken. Trumpet name seems to be cut out too, not
> sure why.
>
> Here's the snippet (it looks in Frescobaldi like this:
> http://i.imgur.com/a6pglmM.png)
>
> \version "2.19.50"
> \language "deutsch"
> \include "mtf-cadence.ily"
>

> global = {
>   \key b \major
>   \numericTimeSignature
>   \time 3/4
>   \tempo 4=108
> }
>
> trumpetBb = \relative c'' {
>   \transposition b
>   c2.\fff |
> }
>
> up = \relative c'' {
>   \global
>   \cadenzaOn
>   \autochange {
>   \relative {
>   \stemDown des,32[ es ges as b!]
>   \stemUp des[ es ges as b]
>   \stemDown des[ es ges as b]
>   \stemUp des[ es ges as b]
>   \stemDown \ottava #1 des[ es ges as b]
>   \stemUp <des es>
>   \stemDown b[ as ges es des]
>   \stemUp \ottava #0 b[ as ges es des]
>   \stemDown b[ as ges es des]
>   \stemUp b[ as ges es des]
>   \stemDown b[ as ges es des]
>   b[ f' b] \stemUp f'[ <a d> g]
>   \cadenzaOff
>    }
>   }
> }
>

> down = \relative c' {
>   \global
> }
>
> trumpetBbPart = \new Staff \with {
>   instrumentName = "Trumpet in Bb"
>   midiInstrument = "trumpet"
>  }
>    \trumpetBb
>
> pianoPart = \new PianoStaff \with {
>   instrumentName = "Piano"
> } <<
>   \new Staff = "up" \with {
>     midiInstrument = "acoustic grand"
>   } \up
>   \new Staff = "down" \with {
>     midiInstrument = "acoustic grand"
>   } { \clef bass \down }
>>>

> \score {
>   <<
>     \trumpetBbPart
>     \pianoPart
>   >>
>   \layout {
> \context {
> [...]

Hi Krzysztof ,

I didn't understand what you finaly want to achieve, though:

(1) Cadenza:
A cadenza is _never_ broken automatically you need to put in a
bar-line, which may be \bar "" together with the \break.

(2) InstrumentName/indent.
You have to manually set the indent in \paper according to the length
of the InstrumentName

Cheers,
  Harm