Re: Yet another out of page issue

From: kmg
Subject: Re: Yet another out of page issue
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 00:15:37 +0100

Thank you, it works. After some testing it turned out that you need to include \bar "" somewhere. Without it, longer cadenza will go outside of the page, also using a \break in this case seems to be a mistake too.

Here is your fix in action: http://i.imgur.com/QyTwSNF.png - can't hide accidentals in the second part of the cadenza, since it's treated as a single bar, even if I start a new one. When I try to \override Staff.Accidental to transparent, it seems to work only for a couple of notes, then it shows natural cancellation. No biggie though, I can leave it like that.

Thank you again, and sorry for not replying to all. I'm new to the list, but I'll do it from now on!

Pozdrawiam,
Krzysztof Gutowski

Please always click reply all, to keep the discussion on the list

> To follow up, this is exactly what I want to do:
> http://i.imgur.com/fcgXnok.png
>
> Pozdrawiam,
> Krzysztof Gutowski

>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> I know about putting \bar "" to insert a barline inside\after cadenza.
>> Issue is, the notes are going 'beyond the page' instead of appearing in the
>> next system. I wrote more notes than visible and they're just gone, which
>> could be the issue if there are failed barchecks, but it shouldn't be the
>> case here.
>>
>> To make myself more clear (I apologize):
>>
>> 1. Lilypond doesn't create a new system to fit the piano notes, they are
>> just lost (you can see literally half of the notehead cut off in the
>> screenshot I provided)
>> 2. In the trumpet part, staff is hidden after a whole measure, which is
>> kinda streched - would be better to have this staff hidden much earlier,
>> thus closer to the note.
>>
>> Sorry for confusion!
>>

>> Pozdrawiam,
>> Krzysztof Gutowski

>>> Hi Krzysztof ,
>>>
>>> I didn't understand what you finaly want to achieve, though:
>>>
>>> (1) Cadenza:
>>> A cadenza is _never_ broken automatically you need to put in a
>>> bar-line, which may be \bar "" together with the \break.
>>>
>>> (2) InstrumentName/indent.
>>> You have to manually set the indent in \paper according to the length
>>> of the InstrumentName
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>   Harm

The code below works for me. Note the setting for indent, shortening
the note-value for the trumpet (if it is what you want) and \bar ""

\version "2.19.50"
\language "deutsch"
%\include "mtf-cadence.ily"

\paper { indent = 22 }

global = {
  \key b \major
  \numericTimeSignature
  \time 3/4
  \tempo 4=108
}

trumpetBb = \relative c'' {
  \transposition b
  c2.*1/20 \fff
}

up = \relative c'' {
  \global
  \override Score.SpacingSpanner.packed-spacing = ##t
  \cadenzaOn
  \autochange {
  \relative {
  \stemDown des,32[ es ges as b!]
  \stemUp des[ es ges as b]
  \stemDown des[ es ges as b]
  \stemUp des[ es ges as b]
  \stemDown \ottava #1 des[ es ges as b]
  \stemUp <des es>
  \bar ""
  \stemDown b[ as ges es des]
  \stemUp \ottava #0 b[ as ges es des]
  \stemDown b[ as ges es des]
  \stemUp b[ as ges es des]
  \stemDown b[ as ges es des]
  b[ f' b] \stemUp f'[ <a d> g]
  \cadenzaOff

down = \relative c' {
  \global
}

trumpetBbPart = \new Staff \with {
  instrumentName = "Trumpet in Bb"
  midiInstrument = "trumpet"
 }
   \trumpetBb

pianoPart = \new PianoStaff \with {
  instrumentName = "Piano"
} <<
  \new Staff = "up" \with {
    midiInstrument = "acoustic grand"
  } \up
  \new Staff = "down" \with {
    midiInstrument = "acoustic grand"
  } { \clef bass \down }

\score {
  <<
    \trumpetBbPart
    \pianoPart

  \layout {
\context {
    \Staff \RemoveEmptyStaves
  }
   \context {
    \Score
    \override VerticalAxisGroup.remove-first = ##t
  \midi { }

  Harm