Re: general question for composers

From: Shane Brandes
Subject: Re: general question for composers
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 17:15:31 -0500

It varies from project to project. Sometimes direct entry while
composing to full pencil scribbles, generally incomprehensible to
anyone else, but nonetheless complete. Some stuff just gets sketched
out broadly and then finished while doing the data entry as the
overall structure has been defined. The bigger the piece the more
likely it will be done in handwriting first. As has been noted unless
you are careful massive edits can be irritating to accomplish.
Generally keyboard pieces with occasional choral or orchestral things
tossed in for total abstract effort.

Shane Brandes