Tie for segue at end of movement

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Tie for segue at end of movement
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 14:50:26 +0000

I have a piece with several movements.  One of the movements is marked
'segue' at the end, and finishes with a semibreve in each instrument.
 The note in the 2nd cello part is tied to the first note of the next
movement.  Each movement is in a separate \score block (both in the
full score and in the parts).

I need a tie attached to the 2nd cello note which extends more or less
to the final barline.

I can get a satisfactory result by tying the last note to a hidden note
after the barline, but of course this means that the final double bar
of the movement then comes before the end of the stave.  I can use
\stopStaff to avoid that, but then the staff is shorter than the staves
above it, which looks terrible.

The best answer I have come up with so far is

relative c, {
  ef1*15/16 ~ \hideNotes ef16 \bar "||"
}

but I would prefer the tie to end closer to the final barline than this
method provides.

I also tried \once \override Tie.normalized-endpoints with various
values for the 2nd element of the pair, but it did not have any effect.

How can I get the result I want?

David