Re: Tie for segue at end of movement

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Re: Tie for segue at end of movement
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 16:57:44 +0000

On Mon, 2016-11-21 at 15:18 +0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
> [...]

I didn't think to try, because I thought that they were just fixed-
length objects.  But it seems I was wrong.

On Mon, 2016-11-21 at 16:34 +0100, Pierre Perol-Schneider wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Your snippet does not compile.

Sorry - it should be as follows:

\version "2.19.48"

\language "english"

\relative c, { \clef "bass"
  ef1*15/16 ~ \hideNotes ef16 \bar "||"
}

> However, you can try: http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=794
>
> HTH.
> Cheers,
> Pierre

This is excellent, and solves the problem.  As I said above, I hadn't
thought of using an L.V. tie.

Although the problem is solved, it does mean that I have to put 2
different parameters in: one for the score, and one for the part.  What
would be even better (though I am happy with what we have) would be a
way of fixing the end-point of the slur to the barline, so that any
change in the width of the bar still gives the desired result.  Funny
how I always seem to be the guy who wants to be able to fix things in
relation to barlines!

Thanks, both, for your help, and to Harm of course for the Scheme
function.

David